In a star-studded affair, Lancashire’s renowned personalities walked the red carpet at one of the UK’s most prestigious events, the Pride of Britain Awards. This distinguished ceremony, held in partnership with the Daily Mirror, honors extraordinary individuals who contribute significantly to creating a better world.
The grand 25th-anniversary edition of the awards took place on October 7, 2023, at London’s Grosvenor House. The event was graced by eminent hosts, Carol Vorderman and Ashley Banjo. Winners, meticulously selected by a panel of celebrities and prominent figures, were unveiled during the ceremony. The entire spectacle will be broadcast nationwide on ITV on October 12 at 8 pm.
A plethora of renowned personalities attended the ceremony, from This Morning’s beloved host Alison Hammond to the talented singer Louise Redknapp. Noteworthy attendees included the Lionesses and former Love Islanders, showcasing the diverse spectrum of talent and influence present at the event.
1. TSB Community Hero – Marie Benton: Recognized for her outstanding community contributions, Benton’s efforts have undoubtedly made a positive impact on the lives of many.
2. Good Morning Britain Young Fundraiser of the Year – Jack Rigby: Rigby’s commendable fundraising initiatives were acknowledged, showcasing the power of youth in philanthropy.
3. Child of Courage – Ravi Adelekan and Freya Harris: These young souls were honored for their exceptional bravery, demonstrating unwavering courage in the face of challenges.
4. This Morning Emergency Services Award – Duncan Tripp: Tripp’s dedication to emergency services was celebrated, highlighting the crucial role played by first responders in our society.
5. Special Recognition – Alan Bates: Bates received a special mention, underscoring his remarkable contributions that have left a lasting impression on the community.
6. Special Recognition – Rob and Lindsay Burrow, Kevin Sinfield: These individuals were acknowledged for their outstanding efforts, epitomizing the spirit of community support and solidarity.
7. Outstanding Bravery – John Rastrick: Rastrick was recognized for his exceptional bravery, serving as an inspiration to others facing daunting circumstances.
8. Lifetime Achievement – Averil Mansfield: Mansfield’s lifetime of impactful work in her field was celebrated, highlighting her unwavering dedication and contributions over the years.
9. Prince’s Trust Young Achiever – Tskenya-Sarah Frazer: Frazer’s achievements were lauded, emphasizing the significant impact young achievers can make when given the right opportunities and support.
10. Outstanding Contribution – The Windrush Generation: The Windrush Generation was recognized for their enduring contributions to society, acknowledging their pivotal role in shaping the cultural fabric of the UK.
The Pride of Britain Awards not only celebrates exceptional individuals but also serves as a testament to the power of collective goodwill and the importance of recognizing those who dedicate themselves to making the world a better place. The event, filled with glitz and glamour, also carries a profound message of inspiration, reminding us all of the positive change that can be achieved through determination, compassion, and unity.