Creating your inaugural outpost in Starfield is a thrilling endeavor, but it does present its fair share of challenges. With a multitude of planets to choose from, finding the ideal celestial body to establish your initial outpost can be a daunting task. This guide is tailored to assist you in assessing crucial factors before embarking on the construction of an outpost, along with a selection of prime options for your maiden settlement.
Considerations Before Commencing Construction
While the prospect of situating your first outpost on a planet or moon offering breathtaking vistas may be enticing, it is prudent to contemplate practical considerations to evade the hassle of relocating later. Not all celestial bodies in Starfield are created equal, so here are key factors to mull over before initiating your inaugural outpost:
1. Resources: The foremost consideration when erecting your first Starfield outpost is the availability and abundance of resources on the chosen planet or moon. Resources are indispensable not only for constructing your outpost but also for its continued operation. Essential early-game resources include Helium-3, Iron, Aluminum, Copper, and Water. Hence, before committing to an outpost location, scrutinize the celestial body for its resource potential and ensure it can sustain your settlement adequately.
- Advertisement -
2. Proximity to Star Systems: In addition to resource availability, your outpost’s location should be in close proximity to star systems and settlements that you will frequently need to access early in the game. Extensive grav-jumping back and forth between your outpost and an early-game star system should be avoided.
3. Terrain: Opt for a planet or moon with a user-friendly terrain for your outpost. Difficult terrain featuring steep slopes and towering cliffs can complicate outpost construction and daily operations.
4. Environmental Hazards: Lastly, the selected celestial body should boast a habitable environment devoid of extreme weather conditions or hostile creatures.
With these considerations in mind, here are the top five planets and moons that fulfill the above requirements for your maiden outpost in Starfield:
|Maheo II||Located in the Maheo star system, Maheo II offers a suitable environment, abundant early-game resources, and minimal hostile creatures.||Aluminum, Iron, Helium-3|
|Kreet||Orbiting the Anselon planet in the Narion star system, Kreet provides an outpost-friendly environment, various resources, and a limited presence of hostile creatures.||Aluminum, Iron, Helium-3, Copper|
|Andraphon||Situated in the Narion star system, Andraphon boasts plentiful early-game resources and a favorable environment with few hostile creatures.||Aluminum, Iron, Helium-3, Beryllium, Europium|
|Nesoi||Nestled in the Olympus star system, Nesoi is a picturesque planet offering vital early-game resources, a mild environment, and minimal creatures.||Aluminum, Iron, Copper, Water|
|Zamka||Orbiting the Olivus planet in the Alpha Centauri star system, Zamka is a frozen moon rich in resources and devoid of hostile creatures.||Aluminum, Iron, Copper, Helium-3, Water, Nickel, Uranium, Cobalt, Vandium|
Additional Outpost Construction Tips
- Advertisement -
Constructing your outpost is just the initial step. Here are some supplementary tips to keep in mind as you expand your settlement:
1. Start Small: It may be tempting to construct an extensive outpost right from the start, but it’s advisable to begin with essential components like extractors and storage before delving into advanced features. This approach allows you to grasp the intricacies of outpost construction and expansion gradually.
2. Invest in Skills: Develop skills such as Botany, Zoology, and eventually Outpost Engineering to unlock more advanced modules and enhance your outpost’s capabilities.
- Advertisement -
3. Set Up Defenses: Consider installing defensive mechanisms such as turrets to fend off aggressive creatures that venture too close to your outpost.
4. Learn Automation: While constructing your first outpost, acquaint yourself with automation techniques to prevent production interruptions. Basic knowledge of systems like the Cargo Link can be invaluable.
By taking these factors into account and following these tips, your journey in Starfield will be off to a promising start as you establish your inaugural outpost in this vast and exciting universe.